After enrolling in the GSH program you will need to complete the GSH Checklist to determine what credits you can earn. Here are the steps you can take.
(Note: Your assigned verifier can help you with this step)
1. GSH Checklist Download
Download the GSH Submittal Checklist.This document is a spreadsheet that allows you to determine how many credits you can earn for your project.
2. Checklist General Requirements
There are four general requirements that all shoreline projects must complete in order to apply for a GSH Certification. These requirements provide the baseline information for all the credits, and consist of the following:
- An existing conditions plan: map existing site conditions and shoreline processes that will affect your project.
- A site design plan: showing the project in the context of the existing site conditions and processes.
- An environmental management plan for construction: develop a plan to minimize site disturbance and address sediment and pollutant control on your site.
- Critical and sensitive habitat identification: help to avoid disturbing or destroying these vital habitats.
Determine if your project can meet these four Application Pre-Requirements. Review and check off each item on the list.
3. Checklist Credit Categories
Next you will want to determine which credits you think apply to your project. Look at the four credit categories:
4. Credit Determination
For each credit, go to the related credit on the GSH Checklist and complete the following:
Determine if you have all the information to satisfy the requirements for that credit. For more details on the information needed and how to attain that credit, refer to the applicable section in the Credit Guide.
Determine and insert the number of points (Basic and Bonus) eligible for your project.
The Credit Summary table will automatically update with the points for that credit.
5. Meet with Verifier
Once you have filled in information for all the applicable credits, review the Credit Summary and determine whether you have met the certification criteria to achieve a GSH Level 1 or Level 2 certification including:
- total points, and
- required points in the Shoreline Processes and Shoreline Habitats credit categories.
Then meet with your verifier to review your credits to:
- Ensure that you have met all the GSH Checklist Requirements,
- Verify credits you have applied for.
The verifier will review this assessment with you, making suggestions regarding corrections or additions and finalize your GSH Checklist.